Quick Asian Chicken Soup – Cooking for One!
I make dinner almost every night even when I am home alone! Sometimes I do scramble up a few eggs or add leftovers to a salad but other nights I use creativity by opening up my refrigerator using up what I have on hand.
This morning I opened the freezer and found one bone-in chicken breast. I took it out but didn’t have any idea what to do with it at that moment. As the day went on the snow came and it is very cold here in Connecticut. Therefore I decide to make a soup! I looked in the refrigerator and this is what I came up with. I do wish I had a red pepper – so if you make this soup add some or other vegetables. I had a cubanelle pepper and it was delicious in this soup!
PS – there were even a few pieces for Jake!!
- 1 bone-in chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon shallot, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cubanelle pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup frozen peas (optional – I just love peas)
- Small handful rice noodles (optional)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. F.
- Wrap a small baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up) and place your chicken breast. Coat with 2 teaspoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake chicken for 35 minutes. Remove, cool and shred.
- In a small sauce pan add 1 teaspoon oil to a pan set to medium heat. Add shallot and let sauté for 2 minutes. then add in garlic and shredded cooked chicken.
- Add in coconut aminios, chicken broth, cubanelle pepper, lime juice and peas. Bring to a boil. Add in noodles (if you are using them) and lower to medium heat until the noodles are cooked (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add in green onions and serve yourself a bowl of soup!
Tip: You can also use leftover rotisserie chicken!
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!