Loaded Stuffed Peppers
- 2 green bell pepper
- 2 red bell pepper
- 2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey, chicken or beef
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 sweet potato, cut into small chunks
- 1 small box frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed well)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil, for frying
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an oven proof pan By greasing the bottom.
- Take the sweet potato, clean and using a fork poke it a few times, put in the microwave for 2 minutes, let cook then peel and slice into small cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground meat, and the remainder of the ingredients. Stir together.
- Cut the peppers in half and clean. Keep the pepper covers..
- Take the cover and cut them into little pieces (save for now).
- fill each pepper with the mixture, add a few of the pepper tops you chopped up and set aside.
- Bake about 45 minutes.
Note: This is a great recipe to use up your left over vegetables in the refrigerator.