Loaded Stuffed Peppers
I just love loaded stuffed peppers. You can be creative and stuff with your favorite meats and vegetables (I just love peas in most of my dishes). These freeze well and you can make a variety to please the picky eaters in your family! I like to serve with a variety of bell peppers but you can select your own!
These are a perfect paleo recipe when you are planning your meals for the week.
Did you know – you can even prepare these in the slow cooker..
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 green bell pepper
- 2 red bell pepper
- 2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes( keep the same size)
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey, chicken or beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 small box frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed well)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an oven baking dish by brushing oil to coat the bottom.
- Take peppers and place in prepared baking dish by cutting off the tops and cleaning out the inside. Keep covers!
- Take the sweet potato, clean and using a fork poke it a few times, put in the microwave for 2 minutes, let cook then peel and slice into small cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground meat and all remaining ingredient.
- Divide the mixture to fill each pepper
- Bake about 45 minutes.
Note: This is a great recipe to use up your left over vegetables in the refrigerator.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!