Lemon-Herb Chicken Legs
Ingredients for Chicken
- 3 -4 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken leg quarters
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Ingredients for Lemon-Herb Sauce
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 medium shallot , minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon arrow root flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon cold organic butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Rinse and wipe chicken leg quarters and season with sea salt and pepper on both sides.
Take a large baking dish and brush with coconut oil. Place the chicken in the baking dish skin side down and pour about 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Flip chicken over and add remainder chicken broth and bake for another 45 minutes. Check on the chicken in case you need to baste while cooking. For legs temperature should be at 175 degrees F.
- While chicken is baking take a medium sauce pan and heat coconut oil over medium heat until melted. Add shallot and cook for about 1 minute. Add in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- When you take the chicken out of the oven add most of the juice from the baking pan into the sauce pan and continue boiling. Add arrow root flour and whisk well. Bring temperature to a low and add in lemon juice, parsley, chives, butter, salt and pepper. Let simmer for 4-5 minutes (until thickened into a sauce).
- To serve place chicken lets on a platter and pour lemon-herb sauce over. Add any extra parsley and chives for garnish!
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!