Herbs de Provence Chicken Thighs
This is a very savory Chicken recipe which is simply amazing. Herbs de Provence is a combination of herbs including: Thyme, Basil, Savory, Fennel Seeds and Lavender Flowers. I roasted sweet potatoes and make a gravy with lemon slices to make this meal delicious. I used organic chicken thighs for this dish.
I love to use my Le Creuset Oval French Oven
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds chicken thighs (or a combination of thighs and legs)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons herbs de provence
- 2-3 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or white wine
- 1 lemon sliced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On a large platter drizzle chicken with about 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt, pepper then evenly and generously coat each piece of chicken with herbs de provence.
- Heat your cast iron pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot add chicken skin side up and let cook for 3 minutes. You may need to do this in batches.
- Place cast iron pan in the oven (uncovered) and roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile line a roasting pan with foil and add sweet potatoes; drizzle with olive oil then season with salt and pepper; roast for 30 minutes.
- Take chicken out of the oven; remove from pan and tent on a platter with foil. Remove some of the fat from the pan and heat over medium heat. Add in butter and arrowroot powder; continue to stir with a wooden spoon until butter is melted. Add in chicken broth. Once it comes to a simmer lower temperature and add chicken back in the pan and add in lemon slices. Let simmer for 3 minutes then ready to serve.
Note: You can also use a baking sheet lined with foil (for easy clean up) to roast your chicken then use a separate stove top pan to make your sauce then add the chicken with lemon. Enjoy!
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!