Easy Pan Gravy
I am a “gravy” girl. It all started when I was a little girl dipping Italian bread into my Nana’s sauce. Now I still love to dip food into gravy since I don’t eat bread that much anymore. When making Chicken I use chicken broth and when making beef I may still use chicken broth or vegetable or beef broth.
this is also a Paleo Recipe and Gluten Free Recipes = Enjoyed by all..
One of my favorite pan gravy’s is when I make grilled filet mignon. I take an 8 oz package of sliced mushrooms then the recipe below but instead of using oregano I use rosemary! You can be creative with herbs but my entire family gets excited when gravy comes to the table. But now we don’t use a gravy boat but everyone gets a mini-ramekin.. Yup, I created a family of dippers..
this recipe is for a basic pan gravy but go ahead and add some of the herbs/spices your added to your dinner then the flavors all go well together.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted organic butter
- 1 cup low-sodium broth (or home made)
- 2 tablespoons wine (See note below)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add broth, wine and oregano; bring to a boil.
- Whisk in arrowroot powder.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, or until thickened.
Note: If you are using beef broth then add in red wine. If you are using chicken or vegetable broth then add white wine. Also, add in herbs that you included in your dinner. For example: When I make my Herbs de Provence Chicken Thighs; I added in a 1/4 teaspoon of herbs de provence to my gravy!