- 3-5 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1 1/2-pound eggplant, unpeeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 yellow onion, cubed
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 5 Garlic, cloves, chopped
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 4 ounces olives, cut in half
- In a large pot over medium heat, add oil then eggplant, onion, celery stalk and garlic cloves. Sauté until eggplant is soft and brown, about 15 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes with juice, basil, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, then red wine vinegar, drained capers and olives. Cover and simmer until eggplant and onion are very tender, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
- Transfer Caponata to serving bowl.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!