Caramelized Shallot Meatloaf Muffins
I decided to make this delicious caramelized shallot meatloaf muffins as individual servings. This way I can freeze the leftovers and just take out one at a time to enjoy later. You can also form this meatloaf on a baking sheet or use a loaf pan. As a bigger meatloaf I would bake for 45-55 minutes.
- 7 medium sized shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup gluten free plain breadcrumbs, your favorite breadcrumbs or almond meal
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil or Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Take a large sauté pan over medium heat and add in butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Once the butter starts to bubble add in shallots. Let cook until they are fully caramelized. About 25 minutes. Stir often using thongs.
- Take about about 1/4 cup of shallots and let cool. Leave remaining in the pan removed from the heat.
- On a board dice up the shallots.
- In a large bowl add in beef, pork, egg, garlic, breadcrumbs/almond meal, parsley, salt, pepper and diced up shallots. Mix well with a fork then if you want with your hands. (To me the hands are the best kitchen tools).
- Take Muffin tins and either brush with olive oil or coat with spray.
- Divide mixture among 6 large muffin tins or 12 medium size. Top each with caramelized shallots.
- Place muffin tin on a large baking sheet. (this just prevents from any grease making a mess of your oven. Lightly cover the muffin tin (just place foil on top but do not seal – I did it so the shallots would not burn) and bake for 20 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove and let sit for 5 minutes then enjoy!
Note: I served with smashed cauliflower with butter, chicken broth and sliced scallions. I even made some pan gravy.
shallots and pan gravy
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!