Baked French Toast with Butter Topping
This is one of my favorite recipes, and every time I host brunch, I know my guests will enjoy this delicious breakfast! This dish goes first as part of my brunch menu. It is a great feeling when all of your guests can’t stop talking about the baked French toast.
Top with your favorite fresh fruit!
- 2 tablespoons butter or cooking spray
- 1 (1-pound) loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Maple syrup for serving
- Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom of your prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, half and half, vanilla, and cinnamon until combined well.
- Pour liquid mixture over the bread slices to cover completely, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 350°F and remove pan from refrigerator. This will allow the dish to reach room temperature while the oven is heating to temperature.
- Add the butter topping (recipe below) over the bread mixture; bake for 40 minutes.
- Enjoy with real Maple syrup!
Ingredients for Butter Topping
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!