Paleo Almond Chocolate Torte
I am not a huge chocolate lover (believe it or not) but I love using my spring form pan and my husband loves chocolate. I decided to create this paleo almond chocolate torte for him to enjoy with a romantic dinner for two!
- Coconut oil, melted for coating pan
- 1 1/2 cups whole almonds
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush melted coconut oil on the bottom and 2 inches up to a 10-inch-diameter springform pan.
- Combine almonds and 1/4 cup coconut sugar in your food processor. Blend until almonds are very finely ground.
- Transfer almond and sugar mixture to a medium mixing bowl.
- In the same processor and add chocolate and 1/4 cup coconut sugar to processor. Blend until chocolate is finely ground but not let it begin to clump. Add into almond mixture and combine.
- Using your hand mixer beat egg yolks and remaining 1/4 cup coconut sugar in mixing bowl until mixture begins to thicken, about 3-4 minutes. Add in almond extract and beat for another 30 seconds to incorporate. First fold in chocolate-almond mixture, then mix in butter.
- Using your had mixer or a whisk beat egg whites and salt in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks begin to form. Fold whites into chocolate batter slowly but do not over mix.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake.
- Cool completely in pan on rack. Loosen pan and release sides on a serving platter or stand then enjoy.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!