Zucchini Scrambled Eggs
Zucchinis are a very versatile, low caloric and delicious vegetable. I picked about 4 zucchini from my garden and sautéed them up with my salmon dinner. I quickly packed up the unused zucchini for my breakfast. I remember making zucchini scrambled egg sandwiches with fresh Italian bread with my grandmother and we enjoyed every bite together. This morning I made a big pot so I can snack on throughout the day. This recipe is using left over zucchini. If you want to sauté up the zucchini in a little olive oil, salt and pepper for about 8 minutes they will be ready for your breakfast.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup low fat milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup left over zucchini, cut and cooked
- 3 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon organic unsalted butter
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper together very well. For about 2 minutes.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once pan is hot then add butter. Let it melt but not start to brown. Using the handle of the sauté pan give a swirl to distribute the melted butter.
- Add in eggs, zucchini and parmesan cheese.
- Using a wooden spoon carefully stir the egg mixture starting from the edge of the pan and move towards the center with your hand on the handle tilting the pan.
- Cook eggs until they are not runny and almost firm. They will continue to cook once you turn the stove top off and prepare to serve this delicious breakfast or anytime snack!
Note: If you are going to make an Italian sandwich go and check your garden for ripe tomatoes. They go great with this breakfast! Don’t forget to sprinkle a little extra parmesan cheese!! YUMMY
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!