- 4 small zucchinis (or 2 medium)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly black pepper
- 3-4 green onions (scallions), finely chopped
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- Coconut oil for Frying
- Place shredded zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with salt and let stand at least 15-20 minutes. Then squeeze dry using your hands or a white towel and place in a large bowl. Next add the basil, parsley, pepper, onions, eggs and coconut flour, mix well. If batter is too runny, add a little more coconut flour.
- Heat oil in a heavy saucepan or dutch oven about 1/4 the way in the pan. You can test the oil by adding a drop of water – if it sizzles then it is hot enough
- NOTE: There are a couple of ways to shred your zucchini. I use the blade attachment on my food processor or you can use a box cheese grater. To do this, clean your zucchini, cut off both ends and grate.
Using an ice cream scoop (this ensure that all of your fritters will be the same size) to grab your batter then using your hands to flatten and form.
- Place on a plate or baking sheet until you form all of your fritters.
- Carefully add each one to the oil and fry until golden brown on both sides, for about 2-3 minutes. Do not over crowd the pan (do in batches).
- Place on a paper towel to drain and serve warm.
Note: You can also create ball size fritters by scooping out into a ball and dropping into the oil.
You can also add other vegetables such as a sweet potato, yellow onion or red bell pepper. This is a great way to use up left over vegetables in your refrigerator.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!