Tuscan Bread Salad (Panzanella)
This is the perfect summer salad. You can add any fresh vegetables to this salad and goes great with any Italian recipe. Give my Tuscan Bread Salad a try for your next Italian dinner!
Ingredients for Salad
- 1 loaf of day-old Italian bread, cubed
- 4 or 5 anchovy fillets, cut into large pieces
- 8 or 9 large cherry tomatoes (or use the entire package)
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons capers, drained
- Handful of basil, chopped
Ingredients for Dressing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Italian extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh basil, stems removed, washed and spun dry, torn into pieces
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add the ingredients for the red wine vinaigrette. Whisk together and pour over the salad 10 minutes before serving.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!