Thai Shrimp Soup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 lemon grass stalk
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn in pieces
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the broth, water, ginger, coconut aminos and lemon grass. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Carefully stir in shrimp and cook uncovered for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Add the bamboo shoots, basil, cilantro, lime juice, lime peel and curry powder; heat through. Discard lemon grass.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!