Tequila Shrimp Cocktail
Ingredients for Tomato Juice
- 1 1/2 pound tomatoes, seeded and chopped (I used roma)
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup tequila
Ingredients for Shrimp Cocktail
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeño chili
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- 3/4 pound shrimp, cooked and shelled
- Lime wedges
- In a blender add tomatoes, celery, lime juice, salt, garlic and tequila. Blend until you have juice.
- In a small bowl add cilantro, jalapeño and avocado. Combine together.
- In Margarita glasses (or any other decorative glasses) pour some tomato juice in the bottom. Then add 3-4 shrimp then top with the avocado mixture.
- Squeeze lime juice before serving and/or drizzle with a little tequila.
- Garnish with cilantro