Stuffed Flounder with Spinach and Herbs
- 1 pound fresh baby spinach
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or 1 tablespoon of fresh)
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted organic butter, melted
- 4 flounder fillets (about 5 to 6 ounces each)
- 2 cups prepared marinara or tomato sauce
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil for sauté and extra to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat add 1 tablespoon olive oil add the spinach and cook for about 4 minutes add in garlic, parsley, thyme and cook for another minute then add in red pepper flakes and stir well together. Remove from heat and cool. Coarsely chop the spinach and place it in a bowl. Season to with salt and pepper.
- Divide and spread the spinach on top of the fish. Starting at the short end, roll each fillet up like a jelly roll.
- Brush a casserole dish with 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the fillets, and pour the marinara sauce and add lemon slices.
- Bake the flounder for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the fish turns white and easily flaked with a fork.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the fish and serve. Add a little extra fresh parsley for garnish!
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!