Spiced Lamb meatballs
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chiles
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 2-3 scallions, diced (green and white)/li>
- 2 tablespoons fresh Oregano
- , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated peeled ginger
- Spice mill or coffee grinder (that you only use for spices)
- Wooden skewers (soak in cold water for 30 minutes to prevent burning)
- Preheat broiler.
- In a small sauté pan add caraway, coriander and cumin seeds over medium heat. Stay close to the pan for about 2 minutes. They will become aromatic and start to darken a bit. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Take your spice mill or coffee grinder, add seeds and grind until fine.
- In your small sauté pan add a little oil and sauté onions for about 3 minutes. Remove then cool.
- In a large bowl combine well the ground lamb, ground spices, and chipotle chiles, onion, oregano, salt and ginger. Form mixture into tablespoon-size (1″-diameter) meatballs.
- If grilling then set in wooden skewers over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side.
- If baking in the oven – set oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 10-12 minutes and turn occasionally.
NOTE: If you are baking you don’t need to set in wooden skewers. I like to on the grill as it is easier to handle and manage.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!