Slow Cooker – Beef Stroganoff
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck steak, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 14 ounce package white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
Set slow cooker to the medium temperature
- Season beef with salt and pepper then add into slow cooker
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, beef broth, cream and wine. Cover and set for 6 hours or until beef is tender.
- An hour before serving add in arrowroot if the gravy needs to thicken. If you are using cornstarch then add to a small bowl with some cold water and whisk together – then add to mixture.
- Serve with you favorite side dish such as a healthy pasta, roasted cauliflower, spaghetti squash or brown rice!