- 1 pound medium-small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 3/4 cup lime juice (juice from 4-6 limes)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (juice from 2-3 lemons)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno and seeds removed, minced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, seed removed, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- In a large pot, bring to a boil 4 quarts of water with salt. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute to 2 minutes (do not overcook the shrimp). Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- Drain the shrimp. Cut each piece of shrimp in half, or into inch-long pieces. Place shrimp in a large bowl. Mix in the lime and lemon juice and stir to coat.
- Next, Add the , diced tomatoes, diced onion, chopped red onion and diced jalapeno pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve add the cilantro, cucumber, and avocado. Mix well together.
- Taste for any additional sea salt.
Note: you can also add diced cucumber with this recipe.