- 2 sweet Italian sausages
- 2 hot Italian sausages
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets (thaw overnight in the refrigerator for better use)
- Remove the casings from the sausages.
- Pour a little olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and crumble while cooking.
- Add the onion and continue cooking until the sausage is fully cooked. Drain in a colander to remove oil, or pat dry with a kitchen towel or paper towel.
- Once the sausage is cooled, put it in a large bowl. Add the cheeses. Roll out the puff pastry sheets onto a floured surface, and cut each sheet into 8 rectangles. Roll out each rectangle into a 5-inch square and place the sausage mixture evenly in the middle of each pastry square.
- Carefully pull up and twist the ends, then pinch until sealed. Once done, freeze in a large freezer bag for at least 1 hour or up to several weeks.
- Place the sausage bundles on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes. They should be golden brown.