We are very fortunate to have a fresh fish market near us. I just love walking into City Fish and exploring the choices. Salmon is one of my favorites and Tully is always smiling and happy to assist!
You can add a little white wine if you have some opened to the chicken broth and give your salmon piccata extra flavor! Enjoy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 (4 -5 ounce) slices salmon, about 1 pound total
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- While the pan is heating, blot the fish dry with paper towels and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the fish flipping once just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Remove the fish to a platter.
- Deglaze the pan with chicken broth, whisking for about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice, capers and arrowroot powder then stir.
- Place the salmon back in the pan and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving.
You can serve with De Cecco spaghetti or even spaghetti squash! Enjoy a great Italian dinner…
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!