Roasted Tomato Soup
My husband wanted an easy dinner so I thought how about soup and BLT’s… When I was at the grocery store roma tomatoes were on sale and it came to me.. Roasted Tomato Soup for dinner! I already had onion and 1/2 of a red bell pepper at home to create this flavorful soup. It is also a perfect paleo recipe for you to enjoy…
- 3 pounds ripe plum tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, halved and quartered
- 1/2 red bell peppers, cut up
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and cut in half
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
roasting the tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Cover a large baking sheet with foil (for easy clean up). In a single layer tomatoes, onion and red bell pepper, Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt/pepper. Roast for 45 minutes. After 30 minutes add in cloves of garlic.
- In a large stockpot on simmer add in chicken broth, basil and parsley.
- When tomatoes are done carefully in 2 batches blend until pureed. If you need more liquid add some of the warm chicken broth. Add to the stockpot and mix well while bringing to a high simmer (about 5 minutes).
- Taste for any additional seasonings; serve and enjoy
Note: I prepared this soup for a dinner party and topped with Crème fraîche and diced avocado. All I could say was “amazing”!!
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!