Prosciutto, Pesto, Walnut and Fig Bruschetta
- A loaf of French bread or your favorite crusty bread
- 12-16 thin slices of prosciutto
- 8 oz fresh ripe figs, cut in half then half again
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, skin removed and left whole
- Walnut Pesto (below)
- Slice bread and set out on a baking sheet. Take olive oil and brush both sides. Either toast on a grill or under the broiler. If using the broiler keep the door ajar and keep a close eye on the bread. Toast both sides. Take out and rub garlic clove on the side that will be layered with the toppings.
- To make the Bruschetta
- Take a spoon and make a light layer of the walnut pesto, then add 1-2 slices of prosciutto then 2 quarter pieces of the fig.
- Put on a decorative platter and serve!
Walnut Pesto Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups fresh Basil
- 2 Garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1/4 cup of fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
Walnut Pesto Directions:
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Place walnuts on a tray and toast them for about 5 minutes
- In your chopper or food processor add first 6 ingredients and give a few pulses to start combining them. Then add olive oil. It should be a paste. If too loose then add more basil and Parmesan cheese. Taste for seasoning with salt and pepper.
NOTE: This will stay in the refrigerator for a week.