Pesto Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Artichokes
My Paleo Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Artichokes made a perfect paleo lunch at Cindy’s Table! So yummy… I had extra spaghetti squash left over and made this quick lunch! Just love paleo recipes…
I used 1 sweet and 1 hot chicken sausage!
- 2 chicken sausage, sweet or spicy
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichokes, quartered and drained
- 2 cups of spinach, kale or arugula
- 1 teasoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- In a sauté pan over medium heat add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and add sausage (I used 1 sweet and 1 spicy). Brown on all sides and sauté until cooked. About 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Poke about 10 little holes in your spaghetti squash (I used a kabob skewer). Place on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 1 hour. Until you can poke a hole easily through the squash. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice in half the long way. Use a spoon to remove the excess seeds then a fork to thread the strings from the squash to create your spaghetti into a large bowl.
- Wipe the sauté pan with a paper towel then reheat to a medium temperature. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and when hot add in garlic and artichokes. Season with salt and pepper and let cook until slightly browned and tender on all sides for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add 3/4 of the artichokes and garlic mixture to your food processor, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 cup chicken broth and your greens (spinach, kale or arugula). Then add parsley, basil, thyme and lemon juice and pulse about 5 times. Taste for any additional seasonings.
- Take out a large sauce pan and heat to medium. Add in remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth and bring to a high simmer then lower. Add in artichoke pesto then remaining artichokes (chop up).
- Slice cooked sausage and spaghetti squash to the pan. Let warm together for about 10 minutes and serve!
- Top with fresh herbs.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!