Pan Fried Cod
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 4 6-ounce cod or other white-fleshed fish fillets
- 1/2 cup almond flour
(or coconut flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Coconut oil, for shallow frying
- Sea salt and Freshly ground pepper for taste
- Whisk the egg and coconut in a medium bowl; add the cod and set aside to soak.
- Using a shallow plate combine almond meal, red pepper flakes and salt then mix together with a fork.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a heavy-bottomed sauté pan or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Remove the fish from the milk mixture and dredge in the almond flour mixture, turning to coat.
- Fry in the hot oil until golden, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain; season with any additional sea salt and pepper.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!