Paleo Spanish Rice
We have Mexican nights every couple of weeks and I marinated some flank steak and prepared all of the fixings (avocado, salsa, shredded lettuce) and wanted to make some Paleo Spanish Rice. We really enjoyed this and I never told the family it was cauliflower until the bowl was empty! Love paleo recipes!!
***How to rice cauliflower: Cut the head of cauliflower in 1/2 (put 1/2 away). Then cut in half again and cut out the core. You can then either feed florets through the shredder attachment to your food processor, or use a box grater to achieve a rice-like consistency.
- 1/2 head cauliflower, 2 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (can use up to 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup>
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried Simply Orgnaic oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Using one of your methods – rice cauliflower and set aside in a bowl.
- In a medium pot over medium heat add olive oil. Add in onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Add in garlic and let for 30 seconds then add cauliflower rice. Stir around gently using a wooden spoon.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add tomato. tomato paste, oregano, and salt.
- Cover and lower heat and cook 10-15 minutes.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!