Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes
I just love the fall – I love summer better but there is something about cooking in the fall with pumpkin or other winter squash while the leaves are changing. My paleo pumpkin pancakes are not only delicious but the house will smell like fall and I can promise you a lot of smiles around your breakfast table!
These Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes also reheat well in the microwave for 30 seconds… Enjoy a Paleo breakfast today!
Cooks Note: I took about 1/4 cup of fresh pecans and chopped them up. After my pancakes were done and my griddle was nice and hot and the melted butter was still coating my pan I added the pecans and toasted them up for about 2 minutes. You really need to try this!!
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons organic unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- In a large mixing bowl using a sifter combine all of the dry ingredients. Use a fork to combine together.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk eggs then add in pumpkin, vanilla and syrup together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together until combined. Do not over mix!
- Pour batter using a ladle (about 1/4 cup) and cook the pancakes until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. **Do not flip until you sett bubbles along the edges!
- Serve with unsalted butter, coconut butter or maple syrup. Toasted pecans and/or sliced bananas go well with this breakfast too! Enjoy
Note: I preheat my oven to 150 degrees F and after I make each pancake set on an oven safe dish and keep warm!
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!