Paleo Peach Scones
You may have noticed a few peach recipes lately! I am enjoying eating them and cooking with them! I hope you love my paleo peach scones as much as we do! I even spread a little almond butter on mine when they were warm.. All I can say is Paleo OMG…
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, plus extra for topping
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 fresh peaches, diced (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, sea salt, baking powder and coconut sugar. Mix with a fork to ensure combined well. (you don’t want lumps of baking powder)
- Using a pastry blender or your hands start adding the butter into the mixture. Use your fingers to press the cold butter into the flour mixture until incorporated. (do not over mix).
- In a small bowl whisk eggs, coconut cream, vanilla, cardamon and nutmeg then pour into mixture into the dry ingredients and combine well using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Slowly and gently fold in peaches to the mixture.
- Form the sticky batter into a ball and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet or spring form pan. Sprinkle a little coconut sugar on the top.
- Press into a circle and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and slice into 8 wedges then bake for an additional 10-15 minutes; until golden brown on top.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, remove spring form and slide off bottom of pan while holding onto the edge of the parchment paper.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!