Paleo Pasta Salad with Avocado Oil Vinaigrette
This is not your ordinary pasta salad! If you are looking for something a little different or following the paleo diet – Give my Paleo Pasta Salad with Avocado Oil Vinaigrette. I make this salad often when I have the girls over from Crossfit for an outdoor lunch! We all enjoy this yummy salad…
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, stemmed and julienne-sliced
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 breast chicken, from rotisserie
- 1 ripe, avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Avocado Oil Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare Avocado Oil Vinaigrette up to 24 hours before serving; refrigerate.
- Halve squash lengthwise; scoop out seeds. Place halves cut-side down in a large saucepan; add water to a depth of 2 inches. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer squash 20 minutes.
- Drain and cool squash. With a fork, pull off spaghetti-like stands of the squash and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add remainder of ingredients and toss with the spaghetti squash
- Top with vinaigrette before serving
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!