My grandfather was French Canadian and he loved to cook at night in the cast iron pan. He would make us the best crepes and my Nana and I would sit at the table very excited. I do remember a lot of smoke in the kitchen and my grandmother barking orders from the table. (I wonder if that is where I got it from – Just kidding; I don’t really do that!)…
I wanted to makes a paleo recipe for my friends who are following the paleo diet can enjoy paleo crepes. These are great for breakfast with maple syrup, wrap your favorite breakfast (bacon and eggs), a dessert (folded with strawberries and drizzle melted chocolate or just a night time snack with a cup of tea. Any way you decided to enjoy these paleo crepes I am sure will be perfect!
Cindy’s Note: Make sure you pan is very hot (for best results) AND don’t leave the stove when making crepes! I add a dab of butter when making each crepe! These are a treat and I put a lot of love and care into my crepes! The memories I have a priceless and always smile when making these!
Ingredients for Crepe
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- In a blender combine the ingredients for the crepes and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick 8″ sauté pan over medium heat or you can use your Le Creuset crepe pan
- Using a small ladle pour in pan. Hold the handle and swirl the mixture around the pan until it is a thin even layer.
- Cook until the edges are dry and brown. Flip carefully and brown on the other side (about 3 minutes each side).
- Put on a platter and continue with other crepes. You may also want to keep your oven on low to keep warm as you continue.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!