Paleo Chicken Curry with Broccoli and Cauliflower
I have been enjoying curry meals lately and love creating new recipes. This Paleo chicken curry is an easy one pot meal and it was even better the next day for lunch!
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 3 tablespoons red Thai curry paste
- 1 yellow onion, sliced with the grain
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- One 14-ounce can organic diced tomatoes
- Lime wedges, for squeezing
- In a large sauté pan add 1 tablespoon of the oil, the curry paste and onions over medium heat, stirring often and letting sizzle, 5 to 6 minutes. Pat the chicken dry, sprinkle with salt and pepper and add the remaining oil to the pan.
- Cook the chicken in the onion-curry mixture until golden on all sides. Add the broccoli, cauliflower, basil, garlic and lime zest and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are coated, about 4 minutes. Add the coconut milk, chicken stock and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Let the chicken simmer until cooked through and the sauce begins to thicken, about 20 minutes. Squeeze with lime juice before serving.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!