Paleo Cauliflower Fritters
I just made a batch of these testing Paleo recipes. I used cauliflower, broccoli and sweet potatoes. All amazing and i will give tips for each below. Italian Cooking and Paleo Recipes are a great way to dazzle your friends and family for any entertaining event! Or just for yourself..
Ingredients for the batter
- 1 cup water
- 1 stick and 1 tablespoon unsalted organic butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- Coconut oil or Palm shortening for frying
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Pecorino Romano, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine water, butter and salt. Butter will be fully melted when water starts to boil.
- Add the coconut flour and stir constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture thickens up and begins to create a dough ball in the center of the pan. The dough will start to pull away from the sides of the pan and become form a ball.
- Transfer the dough ball into a large bowl and let cool for about 5 minutes. Using a whisk or you can use your stand mister using the paddle attachment (I like doing this part by hand). Add 1 egg at a time continually mixing. When all eggs are combined the mixture will be soft and silky.
- Heat oil to about 2-3 inches in a large dutch oven or large pot to 350 degrees (using a candy thermometer).
- Take the cauliflower florets and put into a large bowl and add about 2 inches of water and microwave for 3 minutes then drain water. This will just soften them a little and they will finish cooking in the oil.
- In batches add cauliflower to batter and coat well (stirring together with a spoon) and add to oil and brown for about 3-4 minutes, take out of the oil using a slotted spoon and place on a wire rack.
- Serve on a large platter and garnish with Pecorino Romano or Parmesan
Note: Follow the same directions if using broccoli or sweet potatoes. Just microwave for 3 minutes to start the cooking process. Also, these can be made a day in advance and just warmed in an oven at 350 degrees for 12 minutes!
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!