Paleo Carrot Cake Cookies
I am in the process of moving to our lake house for the summer and step one is cleaning out the refrigerator and using up what we have then bring up the rest. I have always hated to waste food and try to be creative in using it up! I love to create new recipes then share them with my lake neighbors over the summer. (they love it too)…
I had a bag of shredded carrots from another recipe for my segment on NBC CT and am really not a huge fan. I like them in recipes but won’t just cut them and eat them. Not sure why! Anyway – I decided to make cookies. I was actually pleased with them as I tested one and as I handed them out everyone love them! That made me happy!
- 3 carrots, peeled and shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped almonds, raw and unsalted
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoon good quality vanilla
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In your food processor add shredded carrots, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Pulse until combined. Then add in coconut oil then eggs (one at a time) to combine.
- Place batter into a large mixing bowl
- Use an ice cream scoop (for same size cookies) and place on the prepared baking sheet. Press down to create a cookie.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done
Note: If your almonds are whole then chop them up a little first in the food processor then add in carrots and other ingredients.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!