Peanut Butter Bacon Dog Treats
Jake is not a fan of peanut butter except for when I combine it with bacon! He really enjoyed this treat. He loves peanut butter bacon treats!
- 3 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup creamy all-natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon raw and organic honey
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup oat flour (or finely ground oats)
- 1/2 wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a sauté pan cook diced bacon until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, remove the but save the fat. Allow the fat to cool slightly (2-5 minutes)
- In a large bowl whisk egg, peanut butter, honey and water together then continue whisking to the bacon fat and mix thoroughly.
- Add in the flours and wheat germ and mix until combined. Stir in the crispy bacon pieces.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4″ thick. Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool and give your doggie a treat.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!