Morning Glory Muffins
These muffins are full of flavor. I make this often in the summer to serve when we have company over. We all love sitting outside by the water enjoying a cup of coffee and morning glory muffins!
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup regular oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon wheat bran
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place 12-18 muffin cups liners in muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray or use liners.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups, sift into a bowl (to prevent lumps).
- Combine flours and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine yogurt, banana, and egg; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in dates, walnuts, and pineapple. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle evenly with flaxseed.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove muffins from pans immediately
- Cool on a wire rack.