Mini Breakfast Frittatas
Busy and want breakfast but just don’t have the time! Make a batch of mini breakfast frittatas. These are perfect for using up leftovers and make a variety for everyone to enjoy!
These are perfect if you are following the paleo diet and want to enjoy protein and vegetables for breakfast. You can make them lighter or add all of your favorites! Have fun… Get the kids involved and make pizza egg frittatas.. That is a great way to get them to want breakfast!
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage or any leftover protein or bacon
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green or red pepper
- 12 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup cream or coconut/almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare 12 cupcake tins with liners.
- In a large sauté pan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Crumble with a wooden soon while cooking. Drain fat and put in a mixing bowl to cool. You can also use your favorite leftover protein (including salmon – yes that is so good with arugula).
- In the same pan add spinach (you may need to add some water to the pan). Just cook for 3 minutes to start wilting and add in bowl with sausage. You can use baby kale or arugula. Remove then add in onions and pepper and sauté for 3 minutes then add to bowl.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk eggs, cream/milk, salt, garlic powder, parsley and pepper. Stir in sausage mixture and cheese. Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into your prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Note: These are great for using leftovers. There are so many variations – here are a couple of my favorites. Let your kids help you make theirs! Theses can be frozen and microwave for 30 seconds and breakfast is ready.
1. Zucchini and Parmesan cheese
3. Ham and Swiss
4. Full of leftover vegetables (peppers, onions, roasted sweet potatoes)
5. Salmon, arugula, red onion and capers
5. Roasted chicken
6. Ground beef and jalapeno
7. Sweet potato and bacon
8. Fresh herbs
9. Tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese
10.Leftover steak and vegetables
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!