Lemon Salmon with Pea Puree
Two of my favorites in one dish! Salmon and Peas. I wasn’t sure if I would like the two of these together but I certainly did! My Lemon Salmon with Pea Puree follows the Paleo Diet and Gluten Free. Also, just a yummy meal..
- Lemon Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive il
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Pea Puree
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed (about 10 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 (4 to 6-ounce) pieces salmon
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Start by making the lemon sauce. Using a medium sauté pan add olive oil to medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Next add the lemon juice, zest, and broth. Bring to a simmer, and keep warm, covered, over a low simmering heat.
- To make the Pea Puree, combine the peas, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor and puree. Keep the machine running while you add the olive oil in a steady drizzle.
- Transfer the pea puree to a small bowl. Set aside.
- To make the Salmon, warm the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat.
- Season the salmon pieces with salt and pepper. Sear the salmon until a golden crust forms, about 4 to 5 minutes on the first side. Flip the fish and continue cooking until medium-rare, about 2 minutes more depending on the thickness of the fish.
- To assemble the dish, divide the lemon sauce between 4 shallow dishes
- Next place a large spoonful of Pea Puree into the center of each bowl.
- Place a salmon piece atop each mound of Pea Puree.
- Serve immediately.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!