Lamb chops with maple roasted butternut squash
- 4 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Garlic,cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 24 (1 1/4-inch-thick) rib lamb chops, trimmed of excess fat and frenched
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 Butternut Squash, cut in cubes
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees after marinate is complete.
- In medium glass bowl, combine mustard, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper with 2 teaspoons water. Slowly whisk in olive oil until mixture is emulsified; stir in basil. Take a large zip lock bag and add lamb chops then pour in mixture. Seal and put in a bowl (just in case you get a leak) and transfer to refrigerator; let marinate for 1 to 3 hours.
- Peel and seed the butternut squash and then cut it into cubes. Place the squash on a baking sheet pan in one layer. Toss with the olive oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until the squash begins to brown, turning once during baking.
- While butternut squash is roasting. Preheat a grill pan over high heat. Remove excess marinade from lamb chops and place on grill. Cook, turning once, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Scoop butternut squash in the middle of the platter. Arrange one lamb chop around the squash. resting the bone of the chop on the squash cube. Garnish plates with arugula and drizzle with a little Olive Oil.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!