Jake’s Thanksgiving Treat
If you know us – then you know Jake! He is our Jack Russell that we love so much. Since he is part of our family I will be making him a Thanksgiving treat. Using some of the turkey from dinner.
I have heard different stories about dogs and turkey. Jake has had turkey but I only give him a little at a time and he has always been fine. If you are unsure then only give a little at a time or use chicken for this recipe.
- 2 pounds cooked turkey (ground)
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (or green beans), thawed
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup small grain rice, cooked (brown or white)
- 1 large egg
Special Equipment – Doggie cookie cutter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place ground turkey in a large bowl. If you are using left over turkey put through a grinder first.
- Take your sweet potato and pierce a few holes and microwave for 3 minutes. Test and if it is soft take it out – if not set for another minute. Let cool. Peel and mash into the bowl with turkey. Add in peas or green beans.
- In a small glass bowl add in carrots and about 1/2 cup of water. Microwave for 1.30 minutes. Drain then add to the bowl.
- Add in diced apple, rice and egg. Combine well.
- Take a large baking sheet and line with parchment paper or non-stick foil.
- Form dog biscuits and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Keep refrigerated for 1 week or freeze in small baggies for easy use!
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!