Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
- 8 (1/2- thick) strips bacon
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2-3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 1 large ripe beefsteak tomato, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
Ingredients for the Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup of good quality Olive Oil
- 1 lemon squeezed
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- In a sauté pan – cook bacon
- Cook your boiled egg (tip below)
- Place cooked bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel and let cool
- Take your chicken breast, season with salt and pepper
- If cooking on the grill, heat to high and let cook for about 5 minutes on each side.
- If cooking on your stove top, heat your pan to medium/high and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Cut up romaine lettuce and divide among your serving dishes
- Start taking each ingredient and creating a row of each
- Mix vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl. Take vinaigrette and pour evenly on each plate.
Cooks Tip! To make the perfect boiled egg. Take a pot and fill 1/2 way with water, cover and bring to a boil. Take pan away from heat, add in eggs, cover and set your timer for 11 minutes. Take out of pot, put on a plate, let cool, peel.