Grilled Artichoke Hearts with Herb Butter
I love artichokes if you have not noticed by the many recipes on my blog! This is a great appetizer, side or add to a main course! Enjoy my grilled artichoke hearts with herb butter with your favorite paleo recipe ..
- 5-6 medium artichokes
- 4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 lemon, chopped
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (or more)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 stick organic unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Take each artichoke and holding onto the stem, flip it over and give it a good bang on the counter (this will open up the leaves). Next cut the stems to short stubs (just enough to stand in the pot of water).
- Fill a large pot 1/2 filled with water.
- Once they are all in the pan drizzle with olive oil and add at least 3 cloves of garlic in the middle of the open leaves then season with about 2 teaspoons of sea salt. Add chopped lemon then bring to a boil for 20-25 minutes.
- You will know when they are done by pulling on a leaf and it come off easily. Drain and let cool.
- Take the outer leaves off the artichoke (go ahead and enjoy them).
- When you get to the heart just cut in half or quarter (with the stem) with some of the leaves from the inner part.
- In a bowl combine juice of 1 lemon, 2 teaspoons sea salt, olive oil, vinegar, 3 cloves of garlic (the remaining garlic), parsley and butter. Combine well and brush all of the artichokes and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove artichokes and reserve marinate by pouring in a small bowl.
- Heat outdoor grill over medium/high heat. Grill over direct heat until charred (about 5 minutes).
- Brush the remaining marinade over the artichokes prior to serving!
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!