GF – Blueberry and Ricotta Cake
Ingredients for Cake
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (can)
- 1/4 cup organic unsalted butter or ghee, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
Ingredients for Ricotta Topping
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush a 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan with melted coconut oil or butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the coconut milk, butter, egg and vanilla, whisk until smooth. Evenly pour the batter into your prepared baking pan.
- Top the batter evenly with blueberries.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs till frothy, then add in ricotta cheese, sugar and vanilla. Whisk together well. Spread mixture evenly over the blueberries.
- Bake the cake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until it’s golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and serve warm or at room temperature.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!