Fried Zucchini Snacks
- 2 large zucchini, sliced thinly, about 1/4 inch
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon dried Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic, powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara
- On a board using a sharp knife or a mandolin slice your zucchini.
- Take 2 large shallow bowls (or baking dishes). In one bowl whisk eggs and water. In the second bowl add the remainder ingredients (except for the oil) and using a fork mix well.
- Take a large sauté pan and put enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Heat to medium-high. Make sure the oil is hot. To test – put some water on your fingers and carefully drop into the oil. If it sizzles back at you – it is ready.
- Prepare the zucchini by dipping into the egg then the almond meal mixture. You can coat each zucchini and stack on a platter.
- Carefully fry zucchini (in batches) for 2-3 minutes on each side. Put on a platter or a warm oven while you prepare the remainder. You may need to add more oil as you fry the zucchini.
- Heat your marinara on the stove top and when ready to serve pour in a serving bowl with the zucchini pieces.
- Serve hot and Enjoy (If you are adding cheese to your meals then sprinkle a little fresh parmesan over them right before serving.