Flank steak, mangos and Limes with Seasoned sweet potatoes and Avocado dip
[wp_lightbox_fancybox_vimeo_video link="http://vimeo.com/35111910" title="Eat Great, Feel Great - Test" source="http://www.cindystable.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/DSC07191-470x256.jpg"]
Flank steak Ingredients
- 3-4 pounds flank steak
- 2 mangos, thinly sliced
- 4 limes, juiced and quartered
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Flank steak Directions
- Take flank steak and put in a 9×13 pan. Season with salt and pepper and add olive oil. Arrange mango slices over the steak. Take the limes and squeeze the juice and also add the cut quarters. Cover and let sit on the counter for 2 hours.
- Heat grill or in-door pan on a medium-high temperature. Grill steak for 4 minutes on each side. You will see grill marks on the grill but the temperature should be medium rare.
- Let sit on the counter for 10 minutes.
- Make very thin slices, against the grain, and at a slight diagonal so that the slices are wide.
- Save the mango slices and lemons for the topping of the steak
Spicy Sweet Potato Fries with an Avocado dip Ingredients
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled or unpeeled, cut into 4-inch long and 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick fries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or more as needed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Spicy Sweet Potato Fries with an Avocado dip Directions
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and toss with olive oil until the sweet potatoes are coated. Add the paprika, chili powder, sage, salt, and pepper; toss to distribute evenly.
- Arrange the coated fries in a single layer on the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes on the lower rack until the sweet potatoes soften. Transfer the pan to the upper rack of the oven and bake 10 minutes longer, until fries are crispy.
- Serve with Avocado Dip.
Avocado dip Ingredients
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Garlic,cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mild green chiles
Avocado dip Directions
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend on high until smooth.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!