Eggs Benedict Salad
I decided to create this salad because I wanted something different for lunch. This salad was better than I expected. Give it a try and it’s Paleo!!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 large head torn frisée
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Thin slices smoked salmon
- 4 large eggs
Hollandaise Sauce Ingredients
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Whisk oil and vinegar in small bowl for vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Combine next 4 ingredients in large bowl and toss. Prepare 4 salad dishes or bowls and divide salad mixture.
- Using a medium pot add enough water that will cover the egg(s) and bring to a boil.
- When the water comes to a boil add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar (believe me it works) **The vinegar ensures the egg will stay in tack while in the water but this step is optional.
- Lower the temperature to a medium heat. Crack the egg and put into a small bowl. (This will allow you to inspect the egg and check for shells). Carefully place the eggs in the pan.
- Cook for 3 1/2 to 4 minutes then remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel (to remove excess water) then place in the middle of your salad.
- Add 3 or 4 slices of smoked salmon around the salad.
Hollandaise Sauce Directions
- Whisk 2 egg yolks and lemon juice in medium mixing bowl. Gradually whisk in melted butter. Set bowl over medium saucepan of gently simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water). Whisk constantly until mixture thickens, about 3-4 minutes.Remove bowl from over water; whisk dijon mustard, sea salt and white pepper. Taste then drizzle hollandaise around the top of salad and poached egg.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!