Dijon Rack of Lamb on The BGE with Mint Sauce
I saw the most beautiful rack of lamb (Is that weird that I think a piece of meat is beautiful). We are addicted to our EGG® and this rack of lamb came out perfect! We were outside planing our Mums and I saw all of the mint growing so I decided to make a quick mint sauce. So yummy. I also roasted acorn squash (link recipe here) but I cut it i quarters. Amazing dinner!
This recipe also follows the paleo diet and is gluten free! Enjoy…
Ingredients for the Lamb
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 8-10-bone racks of lamb
- 1 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl combine dijon mustard, mint, garlic and onion powder.
- Take lamb and season both sides with salt and pepper then coat both sides with dijon mustard and garlic mixture then coat with herbs. Put into a large sealable bag and pour in olive oil. Seal and rub oil around the lamb. Place in a bowl (to prevent any leaks) and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to use remove from refrigerator and let come to room temperature 30 minutes before ready to prepare. This is a great time to heat The a EGG® to 500 degrees.
- Take lamb out of bag and set on a platter – cover the bones with foil (to prevent from burning and having a better presentation). Bring to the EGG® and place in the middle of the grate over the direct heat.
- Close the lid and let grill for 7 minutes. Flip for another 5 minutes. Remove from EGG® and tent for 10 minutes.
Note: You can quickly make this delicious mint sauce while your lamb is resting!
Ingredients for the Mint Sauce
- 1 cup fresh mint, leaves removed from stem
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced, 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Add all ingredients in your blender and combine weill. Store in refrigerator until ready to enjoy!
Note:This will save well in your refrigerator for 1 month in a sealed container.
Here is my delicious Maple Acorn Squash
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!