Cindy’s Ricotta Cake
I love any excuse to use ricotta in my recipes. This ingredient is great for appetizers, the main course, dessert or just on a piece of Italian bread with jelly! I even made it for breakfast in my parfait. This ricotta cake is one of my favorite desserts for the holiday! Enjoy!
Recently I made this delicious cake using Moon Rabbit Foods yellow cake mix! This cake is just as delicious Gluten-Free! Moon Rabbit Foods yellow cake mix
- 1 box yellow cake mix (without pudding)
- 3 large eggs (divided)
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons quality vanilla
- Cooking spray or Butter for coating
- Confectioners Sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat generously a 10-inch spring foam pan with spray or butter.
- To prepare the pan wrap the bottom with foil (this just protects any leakage) and place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl prepare cake according to package directions, using 2 eggs.
- In a medium bowl combine ricotta, 1 large egg, sugar, and vanilla.
- First pour in cake batter in the pan then evenly spread the ricotta mixture to the top. Give the pan a little tap on the work area.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes. Cool then open pan on your serving platter.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
Cindy’s Note – I have made this cake with both skim and whole milk ricotta. If you are making this for family/guests it does come out better with the whole milk ricotta! If you are going to make this dessert – Enjoy….