Chocolate Lava Cakes
Who doesn’t love Chocolate Lava Cakes! When I entertain these are a favorite. I make them in muffin tins and when ready to serve go gently and quick…
Omit the powdered sugar (confectioners) and make this a paleo dessert!
- 6 oz. Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Bar (cut up into chunks)
- 1 stick Butter (diced, room temperature)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Butter for ramekin
- Coaco powder for dusting ramekins
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Whipped cream or Ice cream for serving
Preheat oven to 350°F
- Melt chocolate over low simmer using a double boiler method. Stir often using a wooden spoon or spatula. When melted remove from heat.
- Stir in diced butter, until fully melted into the chocolate.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar, until it starts to whiten.
- Stir in melted chocolate and then the flour.
- Generously butter 4 individual ramekins, the dust with cocao, divide mixture into the 4 prepared ramekins.
- Cook for about 13 minutes. The edges will be firm but the center is still soft.
- Let rest for 5 minutes then gently using a butter knife run around the ramekin, tip over and place on your dessert plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar and add whipped cream or ice cream to complete this lovely dessert.
You can prepare your chocolate lave cake recipe ahead of time, by covering with clear wrap and leaving in the refrigerator until ready to bake! Bring to room temperature before baking.
If you do not have individual ramekins you can also use muffin tins.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!