Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
Every now and then I need to indulge in chocolate. I had a bag of unsweetened coconut and decided to make these Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons. Brought them over to my friends house on the lake for a little get together! Vanish…..
This is a great paleo recipe and gluten free recipe dessert!
- 5 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons raw organic honey
- 6 ounces chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add egg whites, honey, vanilla and salt. Using Kitchen Aid , mix until they mixture becomes frothy about 3-4 minutes.
- Fold in coconut. Do not over mix. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Drop 1 tablespoons onto your prepared baking sheet and put in the oven for 15 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Take a medium microwave safe glass bowl and add chocolate (if whole pieces then chop) and add in coconut oil. Set microwave for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- Take a platter or large plate and line with a fresh piece of parchment paper. Dip 1/2 of macaroon into the chocolate and place on prepared plate. Once done refrigerate for at least 10 minutes then enjoy!
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!