This is the perfect plate for entertaining. You can prepare hours in advance and just warm before serving. When you not sure what to make to feed a crowd – Chicken Piccatta!
- 1 pound chicken scaloppini (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of coconut flour or gluten free flour, divided
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, zest reserved for optional garnish, about 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- For serving, pasta, vegetables, potatoes, Etc..
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until very hot; saute the cutlets for 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the cutlets to a plate. (Reserve the skillet.) Reduce the heat under the skillet to medium.
- Add the remaining teaspoon oil and garlic to the same skillet; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk together the broth, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon flour, and add to the pan.Simmer sauce until reduced and thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add parsley and capers. Swirl in the butter until sauce is shiny and slightly thickened.
- Serve chicken with the sauce and add a lemon slice to each plate.
NOTE: I like to add a little Parmesan cheese to my chicken.
According to my family and friends my chicken piccata is one of the most fresh plus delicious meals they have tasted. This is the perfect dish when having company over, its simple to whip up but unique because all of the flavors that burst in your mouth when you take that first bite. I also enjoy making this dish because it brings me back to my Italian heritage and when I was a little girl helping my Nana creating meals in her kitchen.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!