Chicken Burger with a Side Salad
Ingredients for chicken burger
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Mixed greens
- Cherry tomato or large tomato cut into quarters
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into thin slices
Ingredients for vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
Combine in a small bowl and whisk well
- In a large bowl mix ground chicken, salt and pepper. Using your hands mix well. Take the mixture and make a mold and using the side of your hands mold out 4 burgers. Form and press your thumb in the center (this will keep your burger stay even while cooking).
- Using a large sauté pan, add olive oil and heat to a medium/high heat. Cook the burger for 5-6 minutes on each side.
- While the burgers are cooking make the salad and dressing.
- Take 4 plates and add salad, slices of avocado and over to the side a burger. If you have any paleo mayonnaise you can add a dollop to each burger.
Enjoy your lunch!